Mu’minun (23:68), Allah (Subhaanahu Wa Ta’aala) said:
أفلم يدّبّروا القول
“Have they not pondered over the Word (of Allah i.e. what is sent down to the Prophet(Salla-Allaahu alaihi wa sallam)).”
Shaikh as-Sa’di (Rahimahullaah) said interpreting verse 82 of Surat an-Nisa’ as regard the statement of Allah ‘Do they not think deeply in the Qur’an’: “Allah orders us to ponder over the verses of His Book which means detitation over its meaning and thinking deeply in its meaning.
- Tadabbur of the Book of Allah is the key with which opens for the person all the knowledge that he is seeking. Tadabbur guides one to all the good and with which the faith will increase.
- Through Tadabbur one knows His Lord, His perfect Attributes (what He loves and what He hates).
- By Tadabbur one knows the way to Allah (Subhaanahu Wa Ta’aala) and the way to Paradise. He knows the qualities of the people of Paradise.
- Through Tadabbur one knows the way to Hell and the qualities of its people. Also one knows his own self and its characteristics.
- One knows the Halal and the Haram. As the person increases in Meditation over the verses of the Qur’an, as his knowledge will increase and acting upon this knowledge.
Therefore, Allah (Subhaanahu Wa Ta’aala) commanded and encouraged us to make the Tadabbur. He (Subhaanahu Wa Ta’aala) informed us that the Tadabbur is the purpose behind revealing the Qur’an, and it is one of the conditions required for the recitation of the Qur’an. Accordingly the breasts will be opened and the hearts will be enlightened and it reaches with the slave to the degree of certainty.” [Tayseer al-Kareem]